Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rocky Mountain Highball

I am pleased to be part of a very special project called "Rocky Mountain Highball." This project is the brain child of Scott Neel and I after many long meetings and many shots of whiskey.
Upon completion of Specimen, in which I was Assistant Director, I had learned much of what I know from Director, Chuck Fryberger, and Director of Photography, Keith Ladzinski. I was anxious to make a another film, almost immediately. So was same of Scott, who had just completed producing an award winning, independent comedy called, "The Mini." So ,we put our heads together with final team-member, and producer, Alden Short and within months of meetings and plannings, we were high off the ground. (Pun intended.)

This is the greatest team of filmmakers and athletes I could imagine possible, and having all been inspired by such documentaries as "Riding Giants", and each being fans of highball boulder problems, the connections were immediate.

"To document Colorado highball bouldering and offer insight into why we are drawn to climb them."

We have now been in full production for about 6 weeks. We will continue busting our asses until the fall of 2007 to complete the filming of Colorado's most majestic highballs.

www.rockymountainhighball.com

production photo: Andy Raether. First Ascent. "Vim."

6 comments:

muckymum said...

Ya know, "Vim" is a bath cleaner in the UK, there is another brand called "Ajax". I had a pig called Ajax when I was a kid....

sock hands said...

where dis, foo?

Mannphoto said...

It is in "Rocky Mountain Highball" silly.

chuffer said...

This is one of the best lines I've ever set my eyes upon anywhere.

Can't wait to see the footage.

sock hands said...

if you don't want to wait, horan sent me some sik video he took in the 80s with a high def camera he made.









tell me you didn't see that coming and i'll show you a foolfaced clownboy.

Anonymous said...

Sweet looking line! I look forward to checking out the movie.